Gentle Yoga surrounded by nature suitable for beginners as well
Dates: Arrive Tuesday 16th April (evening) - Depart Monday 22nd April (morning) 2024
Discover what yoga can do for your mind and body, learning the basics in a group with other beginners, at a pace designed to facilitate your own personal yoga journey. During this 5-day retreat (you'll stay with us for 6 nights), we'll gently guide you through a daily yoga practice, taking the time to focus on the correct alignment for each posture (asana) and teaching you how to use your breath to help you to connect with your inner self.
In between, we'll enjoy relaxing forest walks, dips in the nearby river lake, delicious vegetarian food with a Portuguese twist, and a guided tour round the beautiful and historic city of Tomar. This retreat also includes an introduction to journaling, to support you with your ongoing yoga progress and your personal development once you have left Relaxscape.
Your host and lead yoga instructor for the week will be Belinda Raitt.
- 6 nights' accommodation in private rooms with en-suites at Relaxscape
- 5 Hatha yoga classes with a focus on posture and alignment
- An introduction to Vinyasa Flow and breath work
- Individual therapeutic yoga sessions tailored to your needs
- Visit to the historic city of Tomar
- 3 mindful forest walks
- Swimming in the nearby river lake (if it's warm enough!) or SUP or kayak if not!
- All meals at Relaxscape
- Use of our cork yoga mats & blocks
What's not included
- Flights and transfers to Relaxscape from Lisbon or Porto airports (please ask if you need tips or help arranging these)
- Swimming towels (can be hired at the venue)
- Toiletries (we're into sustainability here, so don't provide disposable toiletries like some other places you may have stayed, but we do provide natural Portuguese made soap)
- Snacks and alcohol outside mealtimes (but you are welcome to bring your own or buy them from the café 100m away), or any meals out
- Optional massage or other alternative therapy sessions
- One to one holistic coaching sessions with Belinda also available on request
Accommodation & Prices
I created Relaxscape as a place for you to escape from the stresses of your everyday life. It offers a tranquil environment to reconnect with nature and recharge your body and mind.
You'll stay in my lovingly restored 100 year old home that combines traditional style and modern comforts, set in a peaceful olive grove surrounded by trees and amazing views and walks leading down to a beautiful river lagoon. In all of our retreats we invite you to explore relaxation and wellbeing by enjoying these restorative natural surroundings.
All rooms have a private en-suite toilet with shower or bath+shower. There are various double and single room options as I welcome couples and/or parent & child (from 16yrs) who would like to enjoy the experience together.
All prices include accommodation for the 6 nights, breakfast, lunch and dinner (vegetarian, can be vegan, gluten free, dairy free), and the daily retreat activities.
A double room with en-suite bath+shower is €800 per person (1 room available, suitable for 2 people who don't mind sharing a big double bed). Single occupancy €1200
A twin room with en-suite bath+shower is €800 per person (1 room available with 2 single beds, suitable for 2 people who don't know each other). Single occupancy €1200
A double room with en-suite shower is €725 per person (suitable for 2 people sharing a standard double bed), based on 2 people sharing. Single occupancy €1100
There are also 3 single rooms available at €1000 per room.
A 20% non refundable deposit is required on booking, and the balance to be paid no later than 28 days before the start date of the retreat.
If you already live in Central Portugal near Tomar or Ferreira do Zêzere and would like to join in the daily activities, please message to find out about our Day Pass rates.
I'm looking forward to welcoming you to Relaxscape and to sharing with you the special calm and beauty of this wonderful area of Portugal.
Simply complete the form below to reserve your place
We will then send an invoice with a secure online payment link for you to pay the required deposit.
If you have any enquiries about this retreat, please feel free to email us your questions.