Your retreat, you choose
Create your own personal retreat, relaxing your own way. Choose your own dates and book a room via our booking partner, or the whole place if there's a group of you (contact us below to check availability & special group rates), and choose from one or more of the following activities which we can arrange for you during your stay with us:
- Guided historic walks round Tomar and the surrounding countryside
- Guided walks along the Silver Coast with our local walking partners
- Walk some of the Santiago Caminho Trail
- Kayak fishing on the river Zêzere
- Canoeing, paddleboarding or other watersports
- Sound meditation therapy
- Forest bathing and nature therapy
- Wild swimming - enjoy visiting some of the best river beaches in Portugal
- Shiatsu massage
- Reflexology and other treatments
- Vinyasa Flow Yoga
- Therapeutic Yoga
- Learning about and helping with sustainable smallholding organic farming
- Path and fence building
- Painting walls and terraces
- Wooden furniture painting & restoration
- Sightseeing trips to nearby castles and towns of Central Portugal
- Visit to a local market on a Friday, followed by a cookery class
- Visit to local organic chilli farm and workshop making produce with chillis
- Foraging walk followed by a lunch prepared with what's been foraged
- Guided tour round the Unesco World Heritage Convento do Cristo in Tomar
- Vegetarian cookery lessons with Fátima
- Peace and quiet to write, paint, draw, create, think
- There are some bicycles available for guests to use
- We have a piano and a guitar and plenty of books in the library
- Coaching sessions with Belinda are available on request
Our Relaxscape Your Own Way retreats are designed for people who need a break from their everyday stresses and like to have different options to help them relax. If you'd like to spend your break doing absolutely nothing but lazing in a hammock under an olive tree, in between dips in the plunge pool and trips to the fridge, that's fine by us! Perhaps you prefer to relax by walking in nature, forest bathing, or lazing the afternoon away by the river. We got that too!
To some people, however, the idea of lounging around doing nothing isn't relaxing in the slightest, so if that's you, we have plenty of smallholding "jobs" to keep you busy while still enjoying the benefits of being out in nature. And if relaxing to you means taking in some sights and the local culture, we can arrange that too. We're lucky to be near the beautiful medieval city of Tomar, with its rich Templar Knight history, and the UNESCO World Heritage site, the Convento do Cristo.
Throughout your stay, your host Belinda will provide some gentle guidance on how to make the most of your relaxation experience at Relaxscape. She'll also be available to talk to you privately, if there's anything on your mind that's preventing you from relaxing fully.
To find out more details and costs for the activities above, please send a message using the form below and we'll help you plan the perfect relaxing break for you.
Simply complete the form below to reserve your place
We will then send an invoice with a secure online payment link for you to pay the required deposit.
If you have any enquiries about this retreat, please feel free to email us your questions.