Breathe nature in and let your inner expression out
In this Wild Writing Retreat, writer and meditation teacher Tara Gould will lead you on a creative journey to help you to re-connect with your unique writing voice and free the wild writer within.
This retreat has been tailored to provide a deeply relaxing and inspiring environment to facilitate you to get lost in your creative flow and increase feelings of self-actualisation through writing.
- 5 nights' accommodation in private rooms with en-suites at Relaxscape, a beautifully restored 100 year old house on an olive farm in rural Portugal
- A daily meditation session
- Guided mindful walks in nature
- Daily writing sessions with Tara
- Time to yourself to write and reflect
- All meals, including wine & beer at dinner
- Coffee, tea, water available throughout the day
- Daily Vinyasa Flow yoga session with Belinda
- Use of our cork yoga mats & blocks
- Sightseeing day in historic Tomar, including a visit to the Unesco World Heritage site Convento do Cristo.
What's not included
- Flights and transfers to Relaxscape from Lisbon or Porto airports (transfers can be arranged for you on request)
- Swimming towels (can be hired at the venue)
- Toiletries (we're into sustainability here, so don't provide disposable toiletries like some other places you may have stayed, but we do sell handmade natural shampoo and soap bars that you can then take home with you - we also host workshops throughout the year where you can learn how to make your own!)
- Snacks and alcohol outside mealtimes (but you are welcome to bring your own or buy them from the café 100m away)
- Optional massage or reflexology session
- One to one coaching sessions with Belinda also available on request
The schedule will include a daily meditation; mindful walking in nature and meditative writing exercises to help you to listen and connect to your authentic perceptions and embrace the process of writing. There will also be plenty of time each day to spend quality time on your own, to write and unwind.
For guidance and inspiration we will draw on the seminal books of Natalie Goldberg (Writing Down the Bones, Wild Mind), Ann Lamott (Bird by Bird) and Dorothea Brande (Becoming a Writer). Exercises will gently challenge our ‘familiar’ or habitual ways of seeing things and help us to get in touch with our undomesticated self-expression, with our senses and with nature.
Whether you want to start journaling, kick start a creative writing project, find new ways of developing your writing, clear blocks, or simply take time to relish the writing process and recharge, this writing retreat will encourage and support both complete beginners and writers in an encouraging, heart-centred and tranquil environment.
This retreat is for anyone who wants to:
- Find space and time to write in a beautiful tranquil setting
- Create deeper, more mindful connections with their words, themselves and their stories.
- Increase focus and perception
- Enhance creative flow
- Tap into imagination; unearth unique ideas and stories
- Use writing and meditation to help engage with life more fully
- Use writing as a tool for spiritual or personal development
Realign and free natural creativity away from expectation and judgement.
Accommodation & Prices
I created Relaxscape as a place for you to escape from the stresses of your everyday life. It offers a tranquil environment to reconnect with nature and recharge your body and mind.
You'll stay in my lovingly restored 100 year old home that combines traditional style and modern comforts, set in a peaceful olive grove surrounded by trees and amazing views and walks leading down to a beautiful river lagoon. In all of our retreats we invite you to explore relaxation and wellbeing by enjoying these restorative natural surroundings.
All rooms have a a private en-suite toilet with shower or bath+shower.
A deluxe double room with en-suite bath+shower is £400 per person (1 room available, suitable for 2 people who don't mind sharing a double bed). Single occupancy £700
A deluxe twin room with en-suite bath+shower is £450 per person (1 room available with 2 single beds, suitable for 2 people who don't know each other). Single occupancy £750
A standard double room with en-suite shower is £350 per person (suitable for 2 people sharing a double bed), based on 2 people sharing. Single occupancy £600
There are also 3 single rooms available at £500 per room.
A 20% deposit is required on booking, and the balance to be paid no later than 28 days before the start date of the retreat. Ask us about payment plans if you would like to spread the cost.
If you already live in Central Portugal near Tomar or Ferreira do Zêzere and would like to join in the daily activities, please message us to find out about our Day Pass rates.
We're looking forward to welcoming you to Relaxscape and to sharing with you the special calm and beauty of this wonderful area of Portugal.
Simply complete the form below to reserve your place
We will then send an invoice with a secure online payment link for you to pay the required deposit.
If you have any enquiries about this retreat, please feel free to email us your questions.