Combine yoga with a traditional olive harvest and seeing how the olive oil is made.
This midwinter retreat hosted by Belinda, an International Coach Federation accredited change coach and Yoga Alliance certified yoga teacher, is a great way to banish the winter blues by combining the healing powers of nature therapy and yoga in the beautiful surroundings of Relaxscape in rural Portugal. You'll enjoy the mind-clearing satisfaction of physical labour as well as the excitement of seeing your hard work transformed into beautiful olive oil at the local co-operative olive press.
Enjoy the benefits of nature therapy by taking part in a traditional olive harvest and seeing how the olive oil is made in Portugal. You'll even get to take home a bottle of extra virgin oil made using olives you've picked. Add in daily yoga sessions to energise and restore your body and mind, and this is the perfect midwinter pick-me-up!
This retreat perfectly embodies the two main principles of Relaxscape: "ikigai" (your reason for getting up in the morning) and "shinrin yoku" (the benefits of being surrounded by trees and nature).
- Accommodation in private rooms with en-suites in a beautifully restored 100 year old house in its own olive grove
- The experience of joining in a traditional olive harvest in a rural community
- A visit to our local co-operative olive press to see how olive oil is made
- Olive oil tasting
- A bottle to take home of your own freshly pressed oil from olives you've picked
- Vinyasa Flow Yoga, Restorative Yoga, and 1 guided meditation/reflection sessions
- Use of our cork yoga mats & blocks
- A sightseeing day in Tomar, which has been named by Forbes Magazine as Portugal's "It" City of the year in 2019, including a visit to the UNESCO World Heritage Convento do Cristo
- All meals at Relaxscape, including wine & beer at dinner
- Coffee, tea, water available throughout the day
- Cuddles with the cat in front of the fire!
What's not included
- Flights and transfers to Relaxscape from Lisbon or Porto airports (these can be arranged for you on request)
- Toiletries (we're into sustainability here, so don't provide disposable toiletries like some other places you may have stayed, but we do sell handmade natural shampoo and soap bars that you can then take home with you - we also host workshops throughout the year where you can learn how to make your own!)
- Meals out
- Snacks and alcohol outside mealtimes (but you are welcome to bring your own or buy them from the café 100m away)
- Optional massage or reflexology session
- One to one coaching or therapeutic yoga sessions with Belinda also available on request
Choose from a 3-day, 5-day or 7-day experience
Guide programme for the 7-day experience
- Travel day. Aim to arrive at Relaxscape by 18:00
- 20:00: Welcome dinner. How to make the most of your time at Relaxscape, introduction to ikigai
- Introductory guided session to olive picking and pruning by a local olive tree expert
- Olive picking
- Vinyasa Flow Yoga, relaxation time
- Vinyasa Flow Yoga
- Olive picking
- Olive picking or guided walk in nature
- Relaxation time, optional massage or reflexology session
- Dinner out
- Guided meditation/reflection session
- Visit to the local olive co-operative
- Olive picking
- Restorative Yoga session, relaxation time
- Olive picking
- Vinyasa Flow Yoga session
- Optional massage, reflexology or mindful walk
- Dinner out
- Visit to the Unesco World Heritage Convento do Cristo in Tomar
- Lunch and sightseeing in Tomar
- Free time, relaxation
- Breakfast and check-out
- Travel home (or onwards to explore more of Portugal!)
This retreat requires a certain level of physical fitness as it may involve climbing stepladders, picking olives, sawing branches, and pruning. All activities are undertaken at your own risk and you must ensure you have adequate insurance to cover you during your stay. Relaxscape cannot be held liable for any loss, damage or injury that may occur as a result of your decision to participate in any retreat activity.
The olive season is very much dependent on the weather and cannot always be adequately predicted in advance, so there may be occasions where this retreat involves less olive picking and more of other horticultural activities or activities of local interest. In 2019 it started earlier than usual in October.
In November, the weather can be very sunny during the day, but cold in the late afternoon, evenings and mornings, so please ensure you bring adequate comfortable clothing and footwear suitable for outside work. We will provide gardening gloves.
We run the Olive Picking and Olive Oil Tasting Weeks in late October and November only. (ask us about the special Half-Term Group Booking rate if you'd like to book the whole place for yourselves. We can be flexible on dates this week too.)
Accommodation & prices
I created Relaxscape as a place for you to escape from the stresses of your everyday life. It offers a tranquil environment to reconnect with nature and recharge your body and mind.
You'll stay in my lovingly restored 100 year old home that combines traditional style and modern comforts, set in a peaceful olive grove surrounded by trees and amazing views and walks leading down to a beautiful river lagoon. In all of our retreats we invite you to explore relaxation and wellbeing by enjoying these restorative natural surroundings.
All rooms have a a private en-suite toilet with shower or bath+shower.
A deluxe double room with en-suite bath+shower (2 rooms available: 1 with double bed and bath+shower; 1 with double or twin beds and bath+shower):
For 7 days £700 per room.
For 5 days £500 per room.
For 3 days £300 per room.
One standard double room with en-suite shower:
For 7 days £600.
For 5 days £450.
For 3 days £250.
There are also 3 single rooms available:
For 7 days £500 per room.
For 5 days £350 per room.
For 3 days £220 per room.
A 20% deposit is required on booking, and the balance to be paid no later than 14 days before the start date of the retreat. Ask us about payment plans if you would like to spread the cost.
If you already live in Portugal and would like to join in the activities just for the day or for the weekend, please message us to find out about our Day Pass rates.
We're looking forward to welcoming you to Relaxscape and to sharing with you the special calm and beauty of this wonderful area of Portugal.
Simply complete the form below to reserve your place
We will then send an invoice with a secure online payment link for you to pay the required deposit.
If you have any enquiries about this retreat, please feel free to email us your questions.