5 days of yoga flow and immersion in nature to inspire your creative flow!
Dates: arrive Wednesday 18th September (evening) depart Tuesday 24th September (morning) 2024
- Experience a traditional grape harvest in a rural community in Central Portugal
- Discover a form of moving meditation while reconnecting with nature
- Use the nature around you to feed your creativity
- See how wine is made the traditional way and enjoy some local wine tasting
- Indulge in a spot of healing yoga, forest bathing, dip in the river, or relax in the plunge pool overlooking our olive grove
- Enjoy our deliciously fresh, homegrown, homemade food as well as a traditional meal out in a local restaurant
Our Inspired by Nature Creative Retreat is designed for people who would like to explore their creative side with daily art sessions painting or drawing or creating pieces inspired by the nature around us. With daily yoga as well, there will also be a chance to take part in a fun traditional rural activity of a local grape harvest as well as enjoy some local wine tasting during this 5-day retreat (you'll stay with us for 6 nights), retreat.
In between, we'll enjoy relaxing forest walks, dips in the nearby river lake, delicious vegetarian food with a Portuguese twist, and a guided tour round the beautiful and historic city of Tomar.
Your host and lead yoga instructor for the week will be Belinda Raitt.
- 6 nights' accommodation in private rooms with en-suites at Relaxscape
- A daily creative activity, inspired by nature
- A daily yoga session
- Grape picking and local wine making demo
- Local wine tastings
- Guided tour round the historic city of Tomar
- Mindful guided forest nature walks
- Swimming in the nearby river lake
- All meals at Relaxscape
- Use of our cork yoga mats & blocks
What's not included
- Flights and transfers to Relaxscape from Lisbon or Porto airports (I can help you to work these out if you need)
- Swimming towels (can be hired at the venue)
- Toiletries (we're into sustainability here, so don't provide disposable toiletries like some other places you may have stayed, but do provide natural soap made in Portugal)
- Snacks and alcohol outside mealtimes (but you are welcome to bring your own or buy them from the café 100m away), or any meals out
- Optional massage or reflexology or other alternative therapy sessions
- One to one holistic coaching sessions with Belinda also available on request
The grape harvest is very much dependent on the weather and cannot always be adequately predicted in advance, so there may be occasions where this retreat involves less grape picking and more of other horticultural or other local interest activities (or wine tasting!)
Accommodation & Prices
I created Relaxscape as a place for you to escape from the stresses of your everyday life. It offers a tranquil environment to reconnect with nature and recharge your body and mind.
You'll stay in my lovingly restored 100 year old home that combines traditional style and modern comforts, set in a peaceful olive grove surrounded by trees and amazing views and walks leading down to a beautiful river lagoon. In all of our retreats we invite you to explore relaxation and wellbeing by enjoying these restorative natural surroundings.
All rooms have a private en-suite toilet with shower or bath+shower. There are various double and single room options as I welcome couples and/or parent & child (from 16yrs) who would like to enjoy the experience together.
All prices include accommodation for the 6 nights, breakfast, lunch and dinner (vegetarian, can be vegan, gluten free, dairy free), and the daily retreat activities.
A double room with en-suite bath+shower is €800 per person (1 room available, suitable for 2 people who don't mind sharing a big double bed). Single occupancy €1200
A twin room with en-suite bath+shower is €800 per person (1 room available with 2 single beds, suitable for 2 people who don't know each other). Single occupancy €1200
A double room with en-suite shower is €725 per person (suitable for 2 people sharing a standard double bed), based on 2 people sharing. Single occupancy €1100
There are also 3 single rooms available at €1000 per room.
A 20% non refundable deposit is required on booking, and the balance to be paid no later than 28 days before the start date of the retreat.
If you already live in Central Portugal near Tomar or Ferreira do Zêzere and would like to join in the daily activities, please message to find out about our Day Pass rates.
I'm looking forward to welcoming you to Relaxscape and to sharing with you the special calm and beauty of this wonderful area of Portugal.
Simply complete the form below to reserve your place
We will then send an invoice with a secure online payment link for you to pay the required deposit.
If you have any enquiries about this retreat, please feel free to email us your questions.